St. Joseph's Training College was established in 1957 as a Christian minority institution to train teachers for secondary schools.St. Joseph's Training College is a premier teacher-education institution that is nurturing ground for the professional development of the teacher-trainees through an earnest excellence academic.It was affiliated to Kerala University and since 1983 to Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam, Kerala.It is recognized by the National Council for Teacher Education and is re-accredited by the National Assessment and Accreditation council.
- Hostel Facilities
- Computer Center
- Rain Water Harvesting Plant
- Fr.William Memorial Network Resource Center
- Language Lab
- Technology Laboratory
- Mathematics Lab
- Eligibility Certificate from any University in Kerala, in case of candidates who have passed a qualifying examination from other Universities outside state.
- The minimum % of marks for admission is 50% in Bachelor’s Degree and the applicants who have secured 50% in the part III are eligible for admission.
- Applicants having B.A./ B.Sc. Degree with 50% of marks for Part I English and not less than 50% marks for Masters Degree in English language and literature are also eligible
For M.Ed :
- The eligibility for admission is B.Ed. degree with not less than 55% marks.
- The rank list for M.Ed. course will be prepared by giving weight-age for marks secured in the qualifying examination (B.Ed.), marks for P.G.,teaching experience and the marks secured for Entrance Examination.
- All candidates seeking admission to M.Ed.course either in the open quota or in the management quota will have to appear for the entrance examination positively.
Arabian see is a magnificent scene in the evening. The west side of the hillock is washed by the waters extending from the back waters of Vembanad on the eastern side of Kuttanad. On the south of Mannanam lies the Kottayam Medical College and on the north the Mahatma Gandhi University Campus. The M.C. road passes some 4 km east of Mannanam and it is 12 km north west of Kottayam, the district head quarters.