Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University was established by Government of Kerala on December 2010. This university was established for education, research and extension services in the field of Veterinary and Animal Sciences. KVASU has three constituent colleges which include: College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Mannuthy, Thrissur, College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Pookot, Wayanad and College of Dairy Science and Technology, Mannuthy. The University is presently enhancing the available infrastructural facilities to offer multidisciplinary courses in the area of Veterinary and Animal Sciences including Wild Life Science and improving the employment opportunities in the sector and out of the country.
Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University have three campuses of the university namely-
- College of Veterinary & Animal Sciences, Mannuthy
- College of Veterinary & Animal Sciences, Pookot
- College of Dairy Sciences & Technology, Mannuthy
Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University Academics Programmes
Under Graduate Programs
- BVSc & AH
- Diploma in Poultry Production
- Diploma in Laboratory Techniques
- Dairy Diploma Programme
- Advanced Diploma in Dairy Science and Technology
Certificate Training Programmes
- Certificate in Capacity Building for Livestock Technology Enterprises
- Certificate Course in Wildlife Management
Research Field of Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University
The Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University is committed to orient research keeping in tune with the motto ideas in action to augment the food security and food safety of our state and the country as a whole. It emphasizes the overall development of the Animal Husbandry Sector, Dairy Sector, Poultry Sector and Wildlife through interface and integrated education and research in respective fields.
Research Stations and Units
|Clinical Veterinary Complex, College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Pookode|
|Instructional farms attached to College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Pookode.|
|Regional Cattle Infertility Research Center, Kozhikode|
|Regional Cattle Infertility Research Center, Kozhikode.|
|Livestock Research Station, Thiruvazhamkunnu, Palakkad|
|University Poultry and Duck Farm, Mannuthy.|
|Pig Breeding Farm, Mannuthy.|
|Goat and Sheep Farm, Mannuthy.|
|University Livestock Farm and Fodder Research and Development Scheme, Mannuthy|
|All India Co-ordinated Research Project on Poultry, Mannuthy.|
|Centre for Advanced Studies in Poultry Science, Mannuthy.|
|Center for Advanced Studies in Animal Breeding and Genetics, Mannuthy.|
|Meat Plant, Mannuthy.|
|Dairy Plant, Mannuthy.|
|Veterinary Hospital, Kokkalai, Thrissur.|
|Veterinary Hospital, Mannuthy.|
|Cattle Breeding Farm, Thumburmuzhy.|
|Base Farm, Kolahalamedu, Idukki.|
Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University Resources
- Library– The library was established in 1959. The library being the heart of the University provides wide variety of data and information to support research, teaching, learning, and scholarly communication across disciplines. It has good accommodation and excellent infrastructural facilities. It provides access to various national, international journals and periodicals in addition to an excellent collection of textbooks and reference books
- Labs-Central Instruments laboratory is the central facility with state-of-the art analytical instruments to fulfill the needs of the faculty and research scholars in the College of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Kerala University of Veterinary and Animal Sciences, Mannuthy, Trichur. Central Instrumentation Facility is well quipped with high value sophisticated instruments. The facilities are extensively used by Post Graduate Students, Doctoral Research Scholars and Sponsored Projects for Advanced Research.
- Counseling and Placement Cell– A full fledged student counseling and placement centre is functioning in the university. It is involved in various types of activities which include arranging counseling sessions for students and career oriented and educational consultancy programmes.
- Parent Teacher Association
- Computer Cell – The computer cell of the college provides students with good internet facilities.
Admission Details of Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University
- Prospectus and Application Form-http://kvasu.ac.in/prospectus—application-form-1
- Admission Procedure– kvasu.ac.in/admission-procedure-1
Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University Location and Development
Kerala Veterinary and Animal Sciences University is located in the scenic hilly terrain of Pookot in Wayanad district, Kerala, India. Since this is a newly established university, improvement of infrastructure facilities is of paramount importance. Infrastructure facilities in the areas of education, research, extension, capacity building, IT connectivity, distance learning, Clinical services, diagnostic facilities, zoonoses, animal nutrition, biotechnology, ethnoveterinary medicine, pathobiology, dairy technology and in other related sectors are most essential and are directly linked to rural development.