Indira Gandhi National Open University and Kerala CBSE School Managements Association, has signed an MOU to deliver the Post Graduate Diploma in School Leadership and Management (PGDSLM) programme in Kerala. The Post Graduate Diploma in School Leadership and Management programme is developed by IGNOU in collaboration with the Education Section of Commonwealth Secretariat.
Programme aims at developing essential skills, competencies and values needed for effective school leadership and management. It also enables Principals, Headmasters and senior teachers to create an effective and enabling environment to develop a cadre of talented and competent principals and to improve the capacity and performance of schools.
The Membership of the Association shall be open to all CBSE affiliated school Managements in Kerala and approved by the Executive Committee.
- Any CBSE affiliated School in Kerala state is eligible for admission as a Member of the Association if it has applied for the membership by filling up the prescribed application and the same is approved by the Executive Committee.
- On receipt of the completed application form along with prescribed non-refundable admission fee Rs. 500/- enrollment will be made. The decision of the Executive committee will be informed to the concerned.
- Each member shall nominate two persons to represent in the General Body and shall exercise one vote only.
- Association membership shall be granted to those School Managements who have obtained NOC or applied for NOC from the Government of Kerala and those who have applied for and are awaiting CBSE affiliation and duly approved by the Executive Committee. However, they shall have no right until they obtain the full membership.
- The Annual Subscription shall be Rs.3000/- for members and Rs.3000/- for associate members.
Expulsion of members
Any member found to be harmful or acting prejudicial to the interest of the Association shall be expelled by the General Body, after giving the member an opportunity of being heard and on the recommendation by the Executive Committee.